Status: Part-time (contractor)
Hours per week: 8-20
Location: New York City & Remote
Report to: Executive Director + Arbutus Founder, David Byrne
Arbutus seeks an In House Producer to support the operations and development of the
organization and its diverse projects. Duties include but are not limited to:
Research and development
- With the guidance of David Byrne and Arbutus’ Executive Director, support emerging projects by doing the necessary research on topics, people and places.
- In coordination with David Byrne and Arbutus’ ED, develop project timelines, budgets and scope.
- Work as a line producer on various projects in the Arbutus sphere, examples include video production, event support and event execution.
Individual giving support
- Responsible for weekly gift entry and processing gift acknowledgements.
- Provide day-of support as needed.
- Help conceptualize events and execute all details leading up to event.
- Develop event timelines and track towards task completion.
- Identify and solicit event sponsors.
- Create and maintain event invitation lists.
- Send all event acknowledgements.
- Track, plan and purchase external hospitality needs.
- Handle assorted errands, requests or projects from the ED.
- Organize and maintain Arbutus’ Google Drive, Donor Database and other
Executive Director Support
- To the extent necessary support ED with calendar/appointments.
- Take minutes at Arbutus’ quarterly board meetings.
- 1-2 years of prior administrative experience (high-level assistant experience preferred).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, multitasking and time management skills.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to respect and protect confidential materials or conversations.
- Proficiency with Google Suite, specifically gmail, google calendar, excel and google sheets.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position has been filled. To apply please send the following materials to email@example.com using the subject line “In House Producer”
- Resume no more than two pages in length
- Cover letter no more than one page in length that clearly articulates your interest in the organization and how your related experience makes you a great candidate for the role of In House Producer